Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 5: January 5th, 2009 "My Birthday"

Today, I turned 36. Wow! How did I get here? 36! that's like 4 years from 40!!! I remember in my teens, 30 seemed so much older, though now that I'm here I don't really feel older (most of the time) though I'm sure some would disagree. I'm a little mellower, my bones and joints crack a little more than usual and I can't stay up as late as I used to, but other than that I still feel like I'm in my 20's at least. I know they say age is a state of mind and in that case sometimes I feel like I'm in my 50's and other's I feel like I'm 17 again so I guess 36 is a good meet in the middle point.
Anyway, David surprised me by having a group of our friends meet us out for dinner. It was really nice. It's been a long time since I've been able to celebrate my birthday with a group of friends. Mostly because of my traveling the last few years. I think that for the last 5 years I've celebrated my birthday by myself or with co-workers (most whom I consider friends) while on the road at various work assignments. I didn't realize how much I missed that feeling of celebrating with friends and although some of my closest couldn't make it tonight (as they live in other States), I was still able to spend it with those I've become good friends with here in Chicago and hope deepen friendships with as well and it couldn't have been better. Thank you to all of them for coming out tonight, you have no idea how much it meant to me.
We went to this place near our house called CaroMio, my new favorite place in Chicago for Italian, YUMMO! (and for the record, I've been saying that a lot longer than Rachel Ray!) then came back to our house for some cake and ice cream. It was just what I wanted. A Happy Birthday indeed.

~Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment